Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mom liked him best


I'm finishing up the filming of "The Informant," and it's been terrific acting with Matt Damon - a great, funny guy and a tremendous actor - and an amazing cast, with the highlight for me being spending a day with Tom Smothers. We talked show biz, and guitars, and all sorts of things as I tried to keep from giggling like a fourth grader. "I'm talking with Tom Smothers!! Whoo!!" Tom was such a gracious person, and an incurable showman. At the end of lunch, there were a hundred or so background artists finishing their meal, and all Tom saw was a willing audience. He put on a show, telling jokes and doing YoYo tricks for everybody, to a standing ovation. It was one of those days that made everybody so happy to be in show biz. There is certainly no business like show business, like no business I know.

I must add, I don't think that EVERYTHING about is appealing. But yesterday was very good.

3 comments:

Geoffrey said...

Mom DOES like you best.I thought you were joking.

Joanne said...

No joke Geoffrey.. I think your mom might like him the best!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Ahem, Mom definitely like me, the princess, the best. :)