Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Chicago!


Just got back from Chicago, where the weather was hot, but a wet heat, so you hardly feel it. The shows were steamy and great, but the highlight of the trip was my visit to the Art Institute of Chicago, where I ogled hundreds and hundreds of masterpieces, thrilled to see so many historic works of art I'd previously only seen in books. After an afternoon at the museum I did what I always do when the press interviews are finished and I have a couple of hours before showtime - I find a local restaurant and eat very much like the man above, from the Edward Hopper painting "Nighthawks." 
Love from Wilson World,
Tom

2 comments:

Brooke P. said...

Just saw my first Georgia O'Keeffe in person. Wasn't one of her famous paintings, but still beyond inspiring.

Love your stuff, hope to see your stand up in person someday.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you wish the Phillies never traded Ryne Sandberg to the Cubs back in the early 80s!!